Chapter 2: Regulatory Documents for Export
The legal framework involved in the process of export is not a thing to worry about. We’ll take care of the export process for you, but just so you know here’s a brief read on the documentation required for exporting goods-
The two categories of regulatory documents for export are :
- Documents for Registration
- Documents for Shipping
Documents needed for registration include:
- Import Export Code, to be obtained from the official website of DGFT
- Authorized Dealer Code (AD Code) from the bank in which you have opened the company’s current a/c
- Certificate from Chamber of Commerce
- Registration-cum-membership-certificate(RCMC) from Export Promotional Council or Commodities Board of India
Documents needed for Shipping include:
- GR Form: GR Forms are issued by the RBI. These are filled in duplicates for all exports other than by posts.
- PP Form: Exports to all countries by parcel post (PP), except when made on a ‘value payable’ or cash on delivery basis should be declared on PP forms.
- SOFTEX Form: These forms are to be filed with STPI and prepared in triplicate for export of computer software in non-physical form. It is issued by the Reserve Bank Foreign Exchange Department.
- Shipping Bill
- Marine Instrument Policy